Note: Some links are Adobe PDF's and require Adobe Reader.
Tennessee Early Childhood Training Alliance (TECTA) financially supports early childhood providers taking college courses to earn a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential or an Early Childhood Degree or Certificate.
The eligibility requirements for financial support are:
- Students must have completed a TECTA 30 hour Orientation (which is free).
- Students must work in an early childhood program in Tennessee.
- Students must be taking courses toward an early childhood credential, degree or certificate.
If you are working on your CDA Credential, the student portion of tuition is shown in the table below:
|Course||Student Payment||TECTA Payment|
|ECE 2010 Safe, Healthy, Learning Environment||$50||$449|
|ECE 2130 Clinical Practicum I||$50||$449|
|ECE 2015 Early Childhood Curriculum||$50||$449|
|ECE 2040 Family Dynamics and Community Involvement||$50||$449|
Note: TECTA provides textbooks for these courses.
To apply for CDA scholarship funds, submit the following information to the TECTA office via fax or mail:
Note: Both packets contain a Instructions/Checklist, Application for Academic Financial Support, Student Information Form, and Student Request to Share Information.
- At the Associate level:
- TECTA pays 85 percent of the tuition. The student pays the remaining 15 percent.*
- At the Baccalaureate level and above:
- TECTA pays 85 percent of the tuition for one course. Additional assistance may be available as funds allow.*
- Spring 2013 Degree Seeking Students (Size: 679 KB)
- Packet contains:
- Tuition Assistance Check List for Degree Seeking Students
- Application for Academic Financial Support
- Student Information Form
- Student Request to Share Information
- Packet contains:
The appropriate packet above must be submitted each semester you request assistance. Tuition assistance cannot be processed without all of the documentation listed.