Adult TN Reconnect Scholarship
Tennessee Reconnect is Governor Bill Haslam’s initiative to help more of Tennessee adults enter higher education to gain new skills, advance in the workplace and fulfill lifelong dreams of completing a degree or credential.
Beginning Fall 2018, Tennessee Reconnect will provide a last-dollar scholarship to qualifying adults pursuing an associate degree or credential at a community college in Tennessee.
Tennessee Reconnect is a last-dollar scholarship that covers the cost of tuition and mandatory fees not paid for through other state and federal financial aid. The program does not cover the costs of textbooks, some fees and other expenses like travel or childcare.
- Meet Southwest admissions requirements
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Visit www.TNReconnect.gov and submit the application for the Tennessee Reconnect Scholarship. (Opens February 15th)
- Enroll in at least 6 credit hours
- Are designated as an
- Have not previously earned an associate's or bachelor's degree
- Have been a Tennessee resident for at least one year before completing the FAFSA
- Are registered for selective service (if applicable)
- Participate in a college success program