Career Certification Scholarship
- Returning adults or freshmen may apply.
- Applicant must agree to work with an advisor and a coach throughout their academic career.
- Applicant must be in a technical certificate or a workforce development program.
- Preference goes to students who are working on receiving workplace credentialing.
- Student must be in Academic Good Standing.
- Preference goes to those applicants who are within one to two semesters of graduating.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 for award and to maintain award in first academic year.
- Award may be renewed for a second academic year and third if required by academic coach if recipient maintains a 2.8 GPA and satisfactory progress.
- Applicant must complete a FAFSA if in a technical certificate program.
- Any degree program
- Strong desire to succeed.
- Completed essay explaining why they should receive the scholarship
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit an application (opens new window) to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
The Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee is the deciding body.