Baptist Health Care College Ready Scholarship
Southwest scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds and may not be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application is required for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest including scholarships. You must complete a FAFSA application even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Baptist Health Care College Ready Scholarship for Health Care Majors Guidelines
Scholarships are available for tuition and fees for an academic year. Scholarship is renewable provided criteria are maintained.
Should be college-ready students--returning adults or freshmen may apply.
- Applicants should be allied health of nursing majors
- Applicants must be in their 3rd or 4th semester of their program; 4th and final semester preferred.
- Applicant must not require any developmental classes.
- Applicant must agree to work with an advisor and a coach throughout their academic career.
- Full or part-time student may apply.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 for award and to maintain award in first academic year.
- Award may be renewed for a student’s final semester if recipient maintains a 2.8 GPA and satisfactory progress.
- Applicants must agree to perform 8 –10 hours of service hours at a community health fair, etc. to be determined as the semester progresses for each semester the student receives the scholarship.
- Strong desire to succeed.
- Completed essay explaining why they should receive the scholarship
- Preference will be given to students receiving no other financial aid.
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee will narrow finalists who will then be sent to donor for final selection. Applicants will be subject to a personal interview.