Southwest scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds and may not be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application is required for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest including scholarships. You must complete a FAFSA application even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Up to $1,000 in scholarships are available for tuition and fees for an academic year. Scholarship is renewable provided criteria are maintained. The average scholarship award is $350.
- Returning adults or freshmen may apply.
- May be currently enrolled in developmental courses
- Applicant must agree to work with an advisor and a coach throughout their academic career.
- Applicant should be in the M.O.S.T. program (Men of Southwest)
- Full or part-time student are eligible to apply for the award.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 for award and to maintain award in first academic year.
- Award may be renewed for a second academic year and third if required by academic coach if recipient maintains a 2.8 GPA and satisfactory progress.
- Any degree program
- Strong desire to succeed.
- Completed essay explaining why they should receive the scholarship
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee will narrow the field of applicants to five, whose applications are forwarded to the MOST Scholarship Committee for final selection.