Transfer Student Checklist

Are you a prospective student who is currently enrolled at another college and wants to attend Southwest instead? Follow the checklist below to become a transfer Saluqi.

Most required documents can be uploaded to the Admissions Documents/Forms Upload page. Use your My.Southwest student portal login or create an account to upload documents. Transcripts loaded here will not be considered official. Official college transcripts must come directly from the institution.

  1. Click on My.Southwest (located in the top nav bar of every Southwest webpage).
  2. In the Secure Access Login box, choose “First Time Users.”
  3. Enter the correct information in the boxes.
  4. Your username will appear, example: “jsmith” or “jsmith2”
  5. To set up your Southwest Student Account, follow the directions and create a password. Keep your password in a secure location.
  6. To access your student account, repeat step 1 and enter your username and password to log in.

If you need technical help, call the Help Desk at 901-333-4357 (HELP).

View the Ways to Prove Citizenship/Eligibility to learn more.

Ask your school to send an official high school transcript or general equivalency test scores (GED or HiSet) to the Southwest Admissions office. High school transcripts can be mailed by the student or high school or emailed directly from the high school.

Request official transcripts from all previously enrolled colleges. To be considered official, the college must send the transcript directly to Southwest Tennessee Community College using regular mail, email or third party transcript senders, such as Clearinghouse or Parchment. Transcripts are needed even if credits from one college appears on another transcript, and even if no credits were earned. Failure to disclose all previous college enrollments could result in your status being re-evaluated. If you have earned an associate’s degree or bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited institution, the high school transcript is not required.

Students unable to obtain official transcripts because they are indebted to another college are not eligible to enroll at Southwest as degree-seeking. If you have an outstanding balance at another Tennessee institution, check to see if the school takes part in the Student Promise-to-Pay program. It may allow you to make pay arrangements and obtain your official transcript. Contact the Southwest Cashier’s Office for details.

Transcript Request from a Closed Institution

The Division of Postsecondary State Authorization (DPSA) of the Tennessee Higher Education Commission (THEC) maintains student transcripts and certificates from authorized postsecondary institutions that have closed and no longer have a physical presence in Tennessee. To request a transcript from a closed institution please complete the request form and pay the requisite fee utilizing this LINK 

Applicants who are younger than 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the required immunization health history form. The completed form can be uploaded here. For further details regarding immunization requirements, please visit

To be considered for aid, you must be admitted to Southwest as a degree-seeking student. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Southwest's school code is 010439. To learn more, see Financial Aid.

All new students are required to complete new student orientation.

Academic advising is required for all new students before being allowed to register. Before you complete new student orientation, you must schedule an advising appointment using our Slate platform. After talking to an advisor, you will be able to register for classes.To learn more, see Academic Advising.

Once you have talked to your academic advisor, you are ready to register for classes. Log onto the My.Southwest student portal and select Registration/Online Services. 

Online Registration Guide

Students needing disability assistance should visit the Center for Access webpage.

Contact your financial aid specialist and/or click here to see other Payment Options.

Once you have finalized registration, secure your Southwest Student Identification (ID) Card in Student Development.

Obtain a required Parking Hang Tag from the office of Police Services/Public Safety.

Print a "Student Detail Schedule" from your My.Southwest student account and take it to the bookstore or purchase books online at eFollett.

TN eCampus degree students should visit the Southwest TN eCampus or TN eCampus bookstore for course and book information.

The "Student Detail Schedule" contains the time and location of your classes. For additional assistance, view How to Read the Schedule. Students are expected to attend all classes.

Questions? Call Admissions at 901-333-5924.

Last updated: March 8, 2022